Upcoming Events: 12/02 | LVCC Candyland Christmas - See More >>

How do I?

What are the City Hall office hours?
7:30 am to 4:30 pm

When are City Council meetings?
The first and third Mondays of the month, in the Council Chambers, 305 Main Street, at 5:30 pm.

What day is garbage & recycle pick up?
Monday for the area west of Vine Street, and all the way around the lake to Lakewood, Tuesday for the area east of Vine Street, and Lakewood Dr. to Crescent Park Dr. and Dixieland.

How can I pay my utility bill?
We accept cash or check, and you can pay by credit card or e-check through our website. We also offer automatic ACH withdraw. You can stop in to the office, use the drop box or mail your payment.

How do I sign up for ACH?
You will need to fill out the ACH form and submit it to City Hall. You can either print out the form and email it to Kay or stop in to City Hall and fill one out.

When is my utility bill due?
Bills are due on the 20th of the month.

How do I sign up for utilities?
You will need to fill out a service application and pay a $250.00 deposit.

How do I report utility problems?
Call the Utility Department phone line (657-2122) to report problems. This line is forwarded to the Sac Co. Communications Center outside of office hours.

Where can I buy City garbage bags?
These can be purchased at Lake View Foods or at City Hall. They cost $20.00 for a roll of ten bags.

How do I get a recycle bin?
You will need to stop at City Hall and you can pick one up.

Where can I dispose of brush, yard waste, and concrete?
The City’s brush pile site is located on south High Street.

When is the brush pile site open?
You can check out a key at City Hall during normal business hours or it is open on Saturdays from Noon to 5 pm.

How do I get a pet license for my dog or cat?
You can stop into City Hall during normal business hours. You will need to bring a current copy of the rabies vaccination and the cost is $7.50.

What are the hours of the mini golf course?
Mini golf is open when the Campground office is open. Normal hours would be from 8 am to 9 pm.

How do I reserve a camping spot at Camp Crescent?
You can reserve a site through the Camp Crescent Reservations website or by calling the camp ground office at 712-657-2189.

Can I print out the current events calendar?
The calendar is on this web site, or e-mail City Hall and we’ll e-mail you a calendar of events.

Where can I purchase a fishing/hunting license?
Licenses may be purchased at Sparky’s or the DNR office on S. Blossom Street.

How do I rent the Shelter House at Speaker Park?
Call City Hall at 712-657-2634 or stop in to the office.

What does it cost to rent the Shelter House?
During the week (Monday-Thursday) it is $40 for half the shelter house and $75 to rent the entire building. During the weekend (Friday-Sunday) and Holidays, it is $50 for half and $100 to rent the entire building. Half seats about 50 people. Each side is heated and cooled, and has a refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, tables & chairs, and access to restrooms.

How do I rent the American Legion Hall?
Call Ruby Cooley at 712-657-2239

When do I need a building permit?
If you are altering the exterior dimensions of a structure, or if you are pouring concrete, you will need a permit. Please contact City Hall to discuss your project before beginning the application process.

When do I need to call Iowa One Call?
Anytime you are going to dig, you will need a One Call, including all dirt work, planting trees or pounding stakes. Call 811.

What is the Snow Ordinance?
No Parking is permitted on city streets between October 1st and May 1st when snow is predicted, falling, or during snow removal operations. Violators are subject to a fine.

Where can I get a Sauk Rail Trail permit and how much does it cost?
Permit applications are in the yellow tube at the trailhead or you can access an application form at the Sauk Rail Trail website. Daily passes are $2.00 and annual passes are $15.00

When is the Splash Pad open?
The Splash Pad is open daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Step on the activator button in the middle blue drain to make the water flow.

How do I volunteer?
There are many opportunities to volunteer in Lake View. Contact Jennifer Stargell, Lake View Community Club’s Event Coordinator, or contact City Hall.

When is the Water Carnival?
It is the third full weekend in July.

How do I sign up to be in the Water Carnival parade?
There is no pre-registration. Simply arrive near the East Sac County high school building by 12:30 p.m. and parade staff will get you lined up.